Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

MHS Debate

I found the debate rather interesting, and I thought all of the questions asked were good ones, especially the question about lowering the voting age to sixteen.  I thought D'arkangelo was a great debater, even though he may have not have been everyone's favorite guy. I agree he went too far to say that the secretary of state was against those with a disability.  I understand you have to make the other people look bad but that was too far.  I also think he should have capitalized on the idea that he was from Malden.  I think if it were me debating in my hometown I would want to use that to my advantage.  When it comes to Gavin, I think he was too comfortable, which is wrong.  You should never just assume that you ar going to get the position because you have been there for 42 years.  Many believe change is good, and there are never any guarantees ,so he should have debated stronger.  Personally I feel 18 is a good voting age.  I think if it were lowered then people would abuse it and not take t as seriously as it should be taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment